Collaborative, Family-Centered Approach
Jared, Santa Maria
At Cottage Children's Medical Center, you’ll work directly with your child’s doctor and medical team, who discuss your child’s situation every day. You also benefit from our dedicated pediatric staff who focus only on children, which means you’re assured of reliable care tailored specifically to your child’s needs.
Multi-Disciplinary Child Care Team
Their many years of experience and compassionate service mean you receive personal attention and the best possible outcome for your child. In addition to pediatric physicians, members of your child’s care team may include:
- Child life specialist – Helps your child prepare for and cope with medical procedures and side effects
- Pediatric case management
- Pediatric critical care physicians, or intensivists - Refers you to pediatric oncologists and communicates directly with them throughout your child’s treatment
- Pediatric registered dietitian – Plans healthy meals and counsels your family on nutrition
- Pediatric occupational therapists
- Pediatric physical therapists
- Pediatric respiratory therapists
- Pediatric social workers - Offers counseling and referrals to community resources
Stay With Your Child Overnight
Keeping your family together during your child’s medical treatment can be a challenge. That’s why we encourage you to stay overnight with your child at Cottage Children's Medical Center.
You’ll often find space in our Acute Pediatric Unit, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) or in our first-come, first-served Little Cottages. Ask your Cottage Health pediatric care team for more information.
Language Interpretation Services
Interpreter services are available if you prefer to communicate with your health care team in a language other than English. Take advantage of in-person, video remote, or telephonic interpreter services available to you free of charge.
Cottage Children's Medical Center belongs to Children's Hospital Association (CHA), California Children's Services, Vermont Oxford Network and Children’s Miracle Network—an alliance of 170 premier children’s hospitals across the United States and Canada.
As a nonprofit medical center, Cottage Children's Medical Center continues to invest in the expertise, technology and facilities that ensure the good health of every child in the communities we serve throughout central California.